Keeping It Simple: Reflect
Hey guys! Wanted to do a recap of this week with you as we prepare to head into week two of “Keeping It Simple.” If there were questions you wanted to spend more time on or verses you wanted research more, this is the time. Below are all of the themes, questions, and verses from each day!
Day One: Yea or Nay?!
“The stress is in the indecision.”
1. List (actually write it down) everything you can think of that needs your decision at this time. It could be one thing or 87,451 things, just write it down for now.
2. Prioritize this list from least to most anxiety provoking.
3. Make the decision needed for the item at the top of your list (the least anxiety provoking).
But when you ask Him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind.
James 1:6 NLT
Just say a simple, ‘Yes, I will,’ or ‘No, I won’t.’ Anything beyond this is from the evil one.
Matthew 5:37 NLT
Don't worry about anything, but in all your prayers ask God for what you need, always asking him with a thankful heart.
Philippians 4:6 GNT
Day Two: Direction
“Direction is intentional.”
1. What is your ONE thing (focused direction)?
2. Why is this important to you?
3. How can you nurture it more?
“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
Matthew 6:24 ESV
An indecisive man is unstable in all his ways.
James 1:8 HCSB
Day Three: Definition
“Crush ambiguity with clarity.”
1. What goals or thoughts lack clarity in your life?
2. How can you add your “operationalized definitions” to those goals and thoughts?
3. Remember, perfection is not necessary.
But when the time of perfection comes, these partial things will become useless.
1 Corinthian 13:10 NLT
Day Four: Consistency
“Consistency builds endurance.”
1. In which areas do you want to be more confident and consistent?
2. Why do these areas matter to you?
3. How can you start being more consistent today?
His glorious power will make you patient and strong enough to endure anything, and you will be truly happy.
Colossians 1:11 CEV
And let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.
James 1:4 CSB
Day Five: Acceptance
“Accept yourself more.”
1. In what ways are you critical of yourself?
2. Is being critical of beneficial to you?
3. How can you accept yourself more today?
God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.
1 Peter 4:10 NLT
So we are to use our different gifts in accordance with the grace that God has given us. If our gift is to speak God's message, we should do it according to the faith that we have;
Romans 12:6 GNT
A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.
1 Corinthians 12:7 NLT
Day Six: Rest
On the seventh day God had finished his work of creation, so he rested from all his work.
Genesis 2:2 NLT
He blessed the seventh day and set it apart as a special day, because by that day he had completed his creation and stopped working.
Genesis 2:3 GNT
For the person who has entered His rest has rested from his own works, just as God did from His.
Hebrews 4:10 HCSB